Please enter banners and links.
ARE YOU SLEEPING WITH THE ENEMY?
If you or anyone in your family identifies with any of the following allergy related maladies such as
- Hay Fever
- Inflammation of the Mucous Membranes
- Itchy Red Eyes
- Sinus Pain
- early morning fits of excessive sneezing
you may well be sleeping with the enemy.
Who is this enemy? He’s called a dust mite and we’ll spare you trying to remember or even pronounce the scientific name. Dust mites live in household articles, such as furniture and carpets. Millions may inhabit one home, but they are invisible to the human eye. The dust mite feeds on shed dead skin cells. The faeces and dead bodies of mites are allergens to susceptible people, causing asthma, rhinitis or dermatitis.
Those ominous things in the picture on the right are the real trouble makers. These little creatures, not visible to the naked eye, and in fact, they’re so small that as many as 1000 of them could be placed on the head of a pin. And guess where their favorite breeding spot is? Yes, that’s right. . . the mattress. Their ideal home!
Why the mattress? Because it’s warm, often moist, cozy, easy to burrow into and full of their favorite food…skin flakes, the skin flakes every human being sheds every day and night of his or her life, no matter what their age, sex or state of health.
And you can’t vacuum them away.
- We shed 10,000 million scales of bacteria laden skin each day, most end up in our mattresses.
- Dust mites produce 200 times it’s body weight in excrement during their normal life span.
- Dust mites feast for up to 170 days on our shed skin.
- Dust mites spread rapidly. A female dust mite lays 300 eggs.
- They can live without food for up to a year.
They’re a resiliant bunch and it takes Hygienitech®’s all-natural, chemical-free scientifically proven proven mattress cleaning and sanitizing process to remove and destroy them.